My white hood is at the cleaners
comments powered by Disqus
Irfan Khawaja - 8/4/2006
I'll be darned. So, this whole time I knew you, Aeon, you were a racist! Damn you!
But then--as per the recent post on my blog--it never occurred to me that I was an African-American. Hmm.
But wait. If I'm an African-American and an individualist, doesn't that make me a racist?
Oh wait, but if I'm African-American I can't be a racist because I lack power. I'm a targeted minority and that precludes racism.
But wait, if I'm an individualist, I must be a racist because all individualists are racists....
But if I'm a targeted minority, I lack power, so I can't be a racist...
But...(insert infinite regress here)
Aeon J. Skoble - 5/22/2006
Remember, if you extol the virtues of logic, that makes you a cultural imperialist, which tips the scales in the direction of racist. So if the illogic bothers you, you'll need to be fitted for a white hood too.
- Hull of Confederate Submarine H.L. Hunley Found 150 Years Later
- U.S. Textbook Skews History, Prime Minister of Japan Says
- Recalling a Film From the Liberation of the Camps
- Skull Fossil Offers New Clues on Human Journey From Africa
- Are crude conspiracies right? Research shows nations really do go to war over oil
- Columbia University professors Eric Foner, Alan Brinkley, and Alice Kessler-Harris to retire
- A powerhouse appropriations subcommittee is now headed by a historian: Republican Rep. Tom Cole (OK)
- Slavic scholars divided over a scholarship sponsored (and withdrawn) by Stephen F. Cohen
- Claire Strom to Step Down as Editor of Agricultural History