My white hood is at the cleaners
comments powered by Disqus
Irfan Khawaja - 8/4/2006
I'll be darned. So, this whole time I knew you, Aeon, you were a racist! Damn you!
But then--as per the recent post on my blog--it never occurred to me that I was an African-American. Hmm.
But wait. If I'm an African-American and an individualist, doesn't that make me a racist?
Oh wait, but if I'm African-American I can't be a racist because I lack power. I'm a targeted minority and that precludes racism.
But wait, if I'm an individualist, I must be a racist because all individualists are racists....
But if I'm a targeted minority, I lack power, so I can't be a racist...
But...(insert infinite regress here)
Aeon J. Skoble - 5/22/2006
Remember, if you extol the virtues of logic, that makes you a cultural imperialist, which tips the scales in the direction of racist. So if the illogic bothers you, you'll need to be fitted for a white hood too.
- Children should be taught about suffering under the British Empire, Jeremy Corbyn says
- Collateral damage: A brief history of U.S. mistakes at war
- East Germany's secrets are slowly being revealed
- William Buckley's FBI files released
- Graphic of the Week: Browse An Archive of 170,000 Depression-Era Photos
- Daniel Pipes says we should be worried that immigrants don’t share western values
- Nobel Prize in Literature Awarded to journalist Svetlana Alexievich
- Niall Ferguson leaving Harvard for Stanford
- Integration Of Cheerleaders Was Difficult To Achieve
- New-York Historical Society to Open Women’s History Center