My white hood is at the cleaners
comments powered by Disqus
Irfan Khawaja - 8/4/2006
I'll be darned. So, this whole time I knew you, Aeon, you were a racist! Damn you!
But then--as per the recent post on my blog--it never occurred to me that I was an African-American. Hmm.
But wait. If I'm an African-American and an individualist, doesn't that make me a racist?
Oh wait, but if I'm African-American I can't be a racist because I lack power. I'm a targeted minority and that precludes racism.
But wait, if I'm an individualist, I must be a racist because all individualists are racists....
But if I'm a targeted minority, I lack power, so I can't be a racist...
But...(insert infinite regress here)
Aeon J. Skoble - 5/22/2006
Remember, if you extol the virtues of logic, that makes you a cultural imperialist, which tips the scales in the direction of racist. So if the illogic bothers you, you'll need to be fitted for a white hood too.
- How Clinton Could Respond on Supreme Court Vacancy
- Trump and Clinton Way Ahead in South Carolina
- McConnell Says Senate Will Wait to Replace Scalia
- Antonin Scalia Is Dead
- Clinton Says Sanders Would Be Threat to Obama Legacy
- Internal Tracker Shows Trump Leading in South Carolina
- How the Primaries are Rigged Against Sanders
- Carson Sees Fundraising Resurgence
- Trump Has GOP Mega Donors Frozen
- Quote of the Day
- Top GOP Candidates Haven’t Released Tax Returns
- Trump Attack Ads Finally Begin
- Super PACs Gear Up for Clinton
- Cruz App Mines Data from Your Phone
- Trump Way Ahead in South Carolina
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges