OSCAR ARIAS PRESIDENCY MEANS VICTORY FOR DEVELOPMENT
Nobel Peace laureate Oscar Arias returned to Costa Rica's presidency on Monday, and to his mission to make the Central American nation one of the most prosperous in Latin America.
"We are at a defining moment," he said after his inauguration."We cannot continue without direction, in endless discussions among ourselves, pursuing a mirage of unanimity, as if time did not exist."
My sentiments, exactly. And it is as true about the US as it is true about Costa Rica.
Frank Gafni is right - We hardly got moving.
comments powered by Disqus
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond