OSCAR ARIAS PRESIDENCY MEANS VICTORY FOR DEVELOPMENT
Nobel Peace laureate Oscar Arias returned to Costa Rica's presidency on Monday, and to his mission to make the Central American nation one of the most prosperous in Latin America.
"We are at a defining moment," he said after his inauguration."We cannot continue without direction, in endless discussions among ourselves, pursuing a mirage of unanimity, as if time did not exist."
My sentiments, exactly. And it is as true about the US as it is true about Costa Rica.
Frank Gafni is right - We hardly got moving.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)