OSCAR ARIAS PRESIDENCY MEANS VICTORY FOR DEVELOPMENT
Nobel Peace laureate Oscar Arias returned to Costa Rica's presidency on Monday, and to his mission to make the Central American nation one of the most prosperous in Latin America.
"We are at a defining moment," he said after his inauguration."We cannot continue without direction, in endless discussions among ourselves, pursuing a mirage of unanimity, as if time did not exist."
My sentiments, exactly. And it is as true about the US as it is true about Costa Rica.
Frank Gafni is right - We hardly got moving.
comments powered by Disqus
- Clinton-Trump Debate Expected to Be Rare Draw in a Polarized Age
- Obama hails opening of the African American Museum
- Palestinians' Abbas seeks British apology for 1917 Jewish homeland declaration
- Anger as Churchill's home turned into Hitler HQ for Transformers 5
- CIA: “Pinochet personally ordered” Letelier bombing
- Karl Dietrich Bracher, German Historian of Nazi Era, Dies at 94
- Allan Lichtman predicts Trump will win
- Doris Kearns Goodwin scores an interview with Barack Obama
- Art historian Kellie Jones wins a MacArthur Foundation “Genius” grant
- Historians note that prisoners have been treated inhumanely throughout American history