OSCAR ARIAS PRESIDENCY MEANS VICTORY FOR DEVELOPMENT
Nobel Peace laureate Oscar Arias returned to Costa Rica's presidency on Monday, and to his mission to make the Central American nation one of the most prosperous in Latin America.
"We are at a defining moment," he said after his inauguration."We cannot continue without direction, in endless discussions among ourselves, pursuing a mirage of unanimity, as if time did not exist."
My sentiments, exactly. And it is as true about the US as it is true about Costa Rica.
Frank Gafni is right - We hardly got moving.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit