OSCAR ARIAS PRESIDENCY MEANS VICTORY FOR DEVELOPMENT
Nobel Peace laureate Oscar Arias returned to Costa Rica's presidency on Monday, and to his mission to make the Central American nation one of the most prosperous in Latin America.
"We are at a defining moment," he said after his inauguration."We cannot continue without direction, in endless discussions among ourselves, pursuing a mirage of unanimity, as if time did not exist."
My sentiments, exactly. And it is as true about the US as it is true about Costa Rica.
Frank Gafni is right - We hardly got moving.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"