TIME FOR SOME GOOD NEWS
A. Jack Straw out! Margaret Beckett in. Are we talking another Iron lady?
B. Moderate Muslims speak out:
1.Tunisian Lafif Lakhdar recommends Religion Within the Limits of Reason.
2. Algerian Reformist Malek Chebel about 27 Propositions for Reforming Islam.
3. An Iranian website which wishes to Stop fundamentalism assures us that"Iranians aspire to overthrow mullahs."
C. We are adjusting to our longer life expectancy. We are working longer. Indeed, the more successful the economy, the larger the percentage of people working over the age of 55.
At the same time, women are no longer as limited by their biological clock as in the past. Hence, a 62 year old woman decided that age will not weary her and got pregnant.
D. Drug trials on mice are 'almost human' thanks to new Israeli technique." That means fewer risky human trials.
U.S. Job market good for graduates and, hence, for all of us. If only the same were true in the ME, our world would be much more peaceful.
Child labor down 11%. Why? because development has lifted millions from adjunct poverty. Of course, the NGOs argue it's their achievement.
Largest Darfur rebel faction agrees to peace accord with the Sudanese government. It's a start.
British politician resigns after anti-Semitic slur. And he claimed to be a"liberal democrate."
comments powered by Disqus
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award