TIME FOR SOME GOOD NEWS
A. Jack Straw out! Margaret Beckett in. Are we talking another Iron lady?
B. Moderate Muslims speak out:
1.Tunisian Lafif Lakhdar recommends Religion Within the Limits of Reason.
2. Algerian Reformist Malek Chebel about 27 Propositions for Reforming Islam.
3. An Iranian website which wishes to Stop fundamentalism assures us that"Iranians aspire to overthrow mullahs."
C. We are adjusting to our longer life expectancy. We are working longer. Indeed, the more successful the economy, the larger the percentage of people working over the age of 55.
At the same time, women are no longer as limited by their biological clock as in the past. Hence, a 62 year old woman decided that age will not weary her and got pregnant.
D. Drug trials on mice are 'almost human' thanks to new Israeli technique." That means fewer risky human trials.
U.S. Job market good for graduates and, hence, for all of us. If only the same were true in the ME, our world would be much more peaceful.
Child labor down 11%. Why? because development has lifted millions from adjunct poverty. Of course, the NGOs argue it's their achievement.
Largest Darfur rebel faction agrees to peace accord with the Sudanese government. It's a start.
British politician resigns after anti-Semitic slur. And he claimed to be a"liberal democrate."
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools