Alida Valli, RIP
I'm pressed for time right now, but I'll add a bit more on Valli and the odd fate of We the Living later today.
P.S. Dammit, I just noticed that Aeon Skoble beat me to the punch on this.
comments powered by Disqus
Irfan Khawaja - 8/4/2006
Oh yeah? Well I scooped you on Jane Jacobs. So there.
Aeon J. Skoble - 4/28/2006
I didn't blog about Jane Jacobs. I don't know if it counts as a scoop if the other person doesn't write anything. (But another L&P blogger had the Jacobs story a day before you did.) But I'll give you this: you remembered to blog about April 19th, which I totally forgot, even after leaving myself a note to remember to do so. I hang my head in shame.
Aeon J. Skoble - 4/27/2006
Sorry dude. These things happen.
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize