Lisa Norling: Threats to Academic Freedom in Minnesota
She was interviewed by HNN's Rick Shenkman on April 22, 2006 during a break in the proceedings of the annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians (OAH), where she appeared on the panel,"Defending Historians' Academic Freedom in Our Own Times."
comments powered by Disqus
Thomas W Hagedorn - 4/27/2006
The left is much better funded (George Soros, et al) and much better positioned to foist its views on the masses (Hollywood, Network and Cable News, Academia)than the right. Except for Fox News, the left has established hegemony in the legacy "unholy three". Fortunately for the right, the democratic internet promises to weaken the power of these old institutions controlled by the left.
Tim Matthewson - 4/25/2006
The right is well funded and determined a foist a superpatriot's view of America's past on the public.
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton