Happy Birthday, Brenda!
Go here for all you ever wanted to know about her and more. Click on In pictures: The Queen—a public life and go to photos 7 (which reminds me of the David Hockney picture Mr and Mrs Clark and Percy) and 12. Elizabeth is the great, great, great, great—that's four greats if you're counting—granddaughter of King George III.
UPDATE. Perhaps Elizabeth II is Elizabeth the Last. Jonathan Freedland argues here that the monarchy is finished and Elizabeth could well be all that's keeping it alive. And scroll down for an evaluation of which royal does most for the republican cause.
comments powered by Disqus
M.D. Fulwiler - 4/21/2006
I wish she'd try to confront Tony Blair as he moves the U.K. towards a fascist dictatorship
John Richard Clark - 4/21/2006
The Prince of Wales will do to the notion of British monarchy what the Austin Powers movie series did to James Bond films---transform it into an unintentionally funny anachronism.
Aeon J. Skoble - 4/21/2006
Elizabeth the Last sounds good to me. Enough already!
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian