ABBA, ABBA, CRIED THE INJURED CHILD
BBC got the age of the bomber wrong. It was not 21. France 2 reported it correctly as 16. Haaretz reports that he was the youngest homicide bomber yet. Younger children tried but were caught before they hurt themselves and others.
Hamas announced that it was an act of"self defense." Their target audience is not the West. Even the BBC anchor no longer buys that definition. The definition is directed towards other Muslims. Since Islam permits only acts of self defense logical contortions are routine. If it was not self defense, paradise with 72 virgins will not be waiting.
This Bahreini woman has not gone that far. She is not speaking out against blowing up of children but she is speaking about the mistreatment of women and children under Sharia. It's a beginning.
comments powered by Disqus
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book