Michelle Malkin's Campus Crusade Backfires
Here's a story that provides a cautionary tale for those conservatives, like David Horowitz, who believe they can outwit their opponents on campus by fighting fire with fire.
In a classic Horowitz-style campaign, Malkin and other conservatives took up the cause of students who complained about an idiotic instructor at Bellevue Community College in Washington. The instructor had asked the following math question: "Condoleezza holds a watermelon just over the edge of the roof of the 300-foot Federal Building, and tosses it up with a velocity of 20 feet per second." Outraged conservatives around the country bombarded the campus with phone calls and emails.
The conservatives won.....but at what cost? Seizing on the controversy like a typical entrepreneurial college president, Jean Floten turned it into an opportunity to expand the power of the administration. While she sanctioned the idiot professor, even prompting him to request" cultural sensitivity training," her other changes will enable the campus diversity policemen to impose even more of their one-sided PC indoctrination on all students, staff, and faculty.
Promising to"to redouble" the college's"efforts to improve racial and cultural sensitivity," Floten announced more diversity training and the hiring new staff for this purpose. Most ominously, for those of us who believe in academic freedom, she said that Bellevue will add a diversity [err"pluralism"] component to"program review and employee evaluations." This looks like some sort of loyalty oath. Some victory!
comments powered by Disqus
Jonathan Dresner - 4/14/2006
I'll trust you on this: I won't read Malkin except in dire necessity....
David T. Beito - 4/14/2006
Reading between the lines of her latest blog, I think Malkin knows this, however, she does not, and will not, openly admit it.
Jonathan Dresner - 4/14/2006
I love, in that ironic sense, the fact that the "solution" to this "crisis" is the bloating of administration (a new Vice President, no less!) and permanent training programs.
Pyrrhic victory at its finest.
- A New Target for Old Spies: Congress
- Antigua and Barbuda Asks Harvard University for Slavery Reparations
- Historian: Nixon DID contest the 1960 election
- Killer took selfie after stabbing historian over rare ‘Wind in the Willows’ book
- VW fires corporate historian who drew attention to wartime ties to Nazis
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades