NEUTRALITY BETWEEN ISRAEL AND THE PALESTINIANS?
For example, Israel left Gaza. In the process it uprooted families from their homes. The Gazans cheered. Soft hearted Wolfenson and apparently not so smart Bill Gates bought the thriving Hot Houses the much maligned"settlers" built. Gaza is crowded. It needs the land the"settlers" occupied went the argument. Within a short few months the hot houses were destroyed. The Gazans who used to work at them are jobless. The land had become terrorist training camps and a place from which to send Kassam rockets into Israel proper. The rockets are inaccurate but they kill.
If you assume that the right of Israel to respond to these attacks is beyond doubt, you'd be wrong. The old narrative of Israeli aggression and Palestinian"victimhood" is maintained regardless of the obvious facts on the ground. Today I watched the BBC reporter describe breathlessly the Israeli shelling of an empty space in an effort to prevent it being used to lob missiles at Israeli towns. It also noted that a shell hit a Palestinian home by mistake and injured a child. The story ended with an interview of an Israeli mother whose daughter was killed by a Kassam rocket. By switching the order of the event, the reporter left the impression that Israel started the violence.
He is not unique. Here are some of the headlines describing the cross border violence on the Gaza border:
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”