Letters to Leila: 11D: A Recon
The third in my series of Letters to Leila -- an introduction to blogging for academics unfamiliar with the medium -- is now available:
It explores 11D, a blog maintained by"Laura," a woman with a PhD in political science but who is"not affiliated with any university right now. Instead I'm changing diapers in New Jersey. Maybe I'll put myself on the market this winter. Maybe I'll hobble together a writing career. Maybe the kids will suck out every creative brain cell, and I'll be left a broken woman in a bowling alley in Paterson. Who the hell knows."
I figured since Leila is in Women's Studies, she might find 11D of particular interest. Frankly, I think anyone would, but particularly those of us in the academy.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize