THE WORST DAY IN IRAQ?
According to published reports (linked to by Atrios here), it appears that at least eight soldiers have died in three separate incidents today -- and perhaps many more. I'm only updating the awful numbers at the right when it becomes official -- in other words when the Iraq Coalition Casualty Count website updates.
I'm beginning to get a little suspicious about the fact the military won't officially confirm the casualties from the ambush this morning. There are several media reports now that we've lost eight soldiers in the ambush.
Regardless, six deaths from combat (which seems likely the minimum we'll suffer in the three incidents today judging from several media accounts) would easily make it the worst day in Iraq so far.
I remind you all once again that we didn't have to do this.
I really feel horrible for the guys we've put in that horrible situation over there.
I know a few of them -- and I worry a great deal about them.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton