THE WORST DAY IN IRAQ?
According to published reports (linked to by Atrios here), it appears that at least eight soldiers have died in three separate incidents today -- and perhaps many more. I'm only updating the awful numbers at the right when it becomes official -- in other words when the Iraq Coalition Casualty Count website updates.
I'm beginning to get a little suspicious about the fact the military won't officially confirm the casualties from the ambush this morning. There are several media reports now that we've lost eight soldiers in the ambush.
Regardless, six deaths from combat (which seems likely the minimum we'll suffer in the three incidents today judging from several media accounts) would easily make it the worst day in Iraq so far.
I remind you all once again that we didn't have to do this.
I really feel horrible for the guys we've put in that horrible situation over there.
I know a few of them -- and I worry a great deal about them.
comments powered by Disqus
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian