WHAT PRICE JILL'S FREEDOM?
The news is in. Jill Carroll was not rescued by the military. That means that someone paid ransom. She said she was never threatened. Does that mean that she was in on the kidnapping?
She, as the picture shows, is an Islamist sympathizer. A similar sympathizer, a"kidnapped" German archeologist Susanne Osthoff, was caught with part of the ransom money following her release.
The issue of money is far from trivial. Upon returning from Iraq, Congress Tom Udall reported that he was told by American commanders on the ground that Europeans paid 80 million dollars ransom to Sunni hostage takers and it helped fund the insurgency for a long time.
Is it possible that the recent releases are related to their need for additional funds and how many American and Iraqis will be killed as a consequence?
For a round up on the subject visit My pet Jawa.
comments powered by Disqus
guest - 4/2/2006
In what exact way was JC A FREELANCER For the CSM? i mean, did they pay her a salary or was she a CIA operative?
- More Doubts, Opposition To Sale Of Unique, Hartford Collection Of Political History
- How the Curse of Sykes-Picot Still Haunts the Middle East
- Kennewick Man Will Return Home to Native American Tribes
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Liz Covart amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95
- Glenda Gilmore chides Yale for deciding to keep the name of Calhoun
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service