STUDYING IN US FAILS TO MODERATE ISLAMISTS
Dweik, who wears his moustache short and sports a white beard, is highly educated. He earned a bachelor's degree in geography in Jordan and a master's in education from Bethlehem University. Studying on a U.S.-backed scholarship, he earned a master's in urban planning at State University of New York in Binghamton.
From 1985 to 1988, once again on a U.S. grant, he earned a master's and a doctorate in urban planning at Penn. His doctoral dissertation analyzed the reasons Palestinians commuted from the West Bank and Gaza Strip to work in Israel.
How successful was he in selling the Hamas terrorist agenda in the city of brotherly love?"A gregarious, soft-spoken man with an easy manner, Dweik can be politically unyielding," is the way the veteran reporter Philly reporter describes him. Do note that"politically unyielding" is his pseudonym for a man who encourages Palestinian children to become homicide bombers in order to destroy Israel, a country founded by the UN.
comments powered by Disqus
pst314 - 3/25/2006
I'd say it's more than a fashionable relativism. A significant part of academia takes an reflexive anti-American attitude.
Of course, how do you moderate the beliefs of somebody who has already grown up in a radically intolerant culture?
- This New York Times ‘Hitler’ book review sure reads like a thinly veiled Trump comparison
- Chicago Tribune editorial: The government should release secret grand jury testimony about its 1942 scoop: "Jap Plan to Strike at Sea"
- US owes blacks reparations over slavery: UN experts
- Mali Islamist jailed for nine years for Timbuktu shrine attacks
- Poland wrestles with its past — and present
- Annette Gordon-Reed tells historians the controversy over Harvard law school's shield is different from the fight over the Confederate flag
- Historian EP Thompson denounced Communist party chiefs, files show
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama