DANISH WOMEN AGAINST ARLA DHIMITUDE
Well, here is some wonderful news. We have been waiting and waiting for women's organizations to speak out against Islamist mistreatment of women in the Muslim world. Danish women have finally crossed the Rubicon. We can only hope their sister organizations will follow. In the meantime, read and enjoy this translation of a JP article sent to me by Lars.
Women's organisations angry because of Arla-ads By PETER SCHOLLERT and ELSE BOELSKIFTE
Arla Foods risks a new boycott, this time in the homeland shops
Danish women's organizations are angry, because Arla in an ad in Saudi-Arabia and other Golf states is distancing itself from Morgenavisen Jyllands-Postens Muhammed-drawings and expresses respect for islamic values:"...the years, we have had in your world, have taught us, that justice and tolerance are fundamental values in Islam."
The president of the organization Kvinder og Frihed [Women and Freedom], Vibeke Manniche, calls it"shameful and an insult against women all over the world" that Arla advertises in that way. Arla is failing to take into account the problems women have especially Saudi-Arabia.
List of alternatives
As a direct protest the organization chose last night to publicize a list of alternatives to Arla's [milk-] products. The dissatisfaction with the ad is shared with the presidents of"Dansk Kvindesamfund","Kvindernes Internationale Liga for Fred og Frihed" the umbrella organization "Kvinderådet"The Women's Council in Denmark. Randi Iversen of"Kvinderådet" said:"Its a grotesque ad. Justice and tolerance towards women in these countries is very hard to spot." Annelise Ebbe of"Kvindernes Internationale Liga for Fred og Frihed" said:"As Islam is practiced in many places in the Middle-east, it is the opposite of tolerance and justice towards women"
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize