Chuck Hagel vs. Neocon Numbskulls
Yesterday, I posted at Notablog a brief piece that cited a fine principle enunciated by GOP Senator Chuck Hagel:
You cannot in my opinion just impose a democratic form of government on a country with no history and no culture and no tradition of democracy.
Yeah. How 'bout that?
Read more of my mini-rant here.
comments powered by Disqus
Charlie Hinderliter - 3/30/2006
Democracy is as much about norms and principles as it is about institutions and elections. I think that Senator Hagel is right about this.
Also, I hope that Senator Hagel runs in '08. http://hagel2008.blogspot.com/
Chris Matthew Sciabarra - 3/25/2006
It will be very interesting to see how this pans out... I don't know what it will take for GOP candidates to win... if they are not beholden to the religious right.
David T. Beito - 3/19/2006
It will be interesting to see if Hagel gets any support in the primaries. I'd be tempted to vote for him.
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean