FROG MARCH APPROACHING?
If you want to know how serious it is, Josh has this comment on Condi Rice's appearance on Faux this morning:
When your best argument is 'the Justice Department is investigating us and we hope they get to the bottom of it', you're in a jam.And, by the way, don't your ears prick up every time they say"But the president didn't know." Haven't we heard that before?
Finally, Kevin's latest post on it makes an excellent point:
Now that this story has been confirmed, it really makes you face up to the true contemptibility of the whole affair. Think about it: two top White House officials, the ones who run this country and are supposed to guard the security of our country, blew the cover of a CIA agent solely to gain some petty revenge on a minor political opponent.I think that about covers it, don't you?
I just don't know how much worse it gets than that. As much as I despise the team in the White House, I always thought that — in their own way — they were doing what they thought was best for America. I never thought they would betray their own country just out of spite. I really didn't.
But if they'll do something like this, they'll do anything. I guess Krugman was right all along: these are radical ideologues who care about nothing except staying in power and will do anything, no matter how craven and malevolent, to get what they want.
At this point it's awfully hard to believe these same people used to say that Clinton's administration was corrupt and immoral, isn't it?
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools