Why Negroponte is hesitant to release the Saddam documents?
Stephen Hayes reports that Bush wants to release the Saddam files but his intelligence chief stalls.
"Negroponte never got the message. Or he is choosing to ignore it. He has done nothing to expedite the exploitation of the documents. And he continues to block the growing congressional effort, led by Hoekstra, to have the documents released.."
There is information about Iraqi agents being trained by Russians.
” Details about the Mukhabarat's Russian spy training emerged from some Iraqi agents' personnel folders, hidden in a back closet in a center for electronic surveillance located in a four-story mansion in the Mesbah district, Baghdad's wealthiest neighborhood. .”
Why is it that the intelligence community is not interested in releasing documents captured in postwar Afghanistan and Iraq? Pete Hoekstra offers a possibility,
"They are State Department people who want to make no waves and don't want to do anything that would upset anyone," he says.”
Read the whole thing here
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history