Jack Straw Is Following Condi's Lead
British Foreign Minister Jack Straw will say in a speech tomorrow at the International Institute for Strategic Studies in London that
"Iran is going in the wrong direction, chances are being squandered, Iran and the Iranian people deserve better,"
"We in European countries need to communicate better with the Iranian people,"
"We should not stop standing up for principles for human rights and fundamental freedoms which we hold dear to ourselves and which so many Iranians aspire to,"
But will Europe listen? What about Europe's economic ties with Iran. According to Iranian Mehr News agency, the joint effort between Iranian and European part manufacturers appears to be more promising and based on the latest information Renault Company has already signed a $648m agreement. Another French corporation, Peugeot, is also going to establish a purchase office in Tehran.
Will the EU follow Jack Straw's advice?
comments powered by Disqus
- The First Time a Plane Was Bombed
- Female World War II Pilots Can Now Have Their Ashes at Arlington National Cemetery
- Obama Signs Bill Removing ‘Negro,’ ‘Oriental’ from Federal Laws
- ISIS Destroys Ancient Adad & Mashki Gates in Nineveh, Iraq
- Geographical names with “Jim Crow” are history in this state
- Timothy Garton Ash Puts Forth a Free-Speech Manifesto
- Iowa historian makes independent bid for US Senate
- British feminist historian declines prestigious Israeli award following BDS pressure
- Robert W. Gutman, Biographer of Wagner and Mozart, Dies at 90
- Greg O’Malley’s go-to slave trade database will soon show more than the path the ships took from Africa to the New World