Another Bounty on 12 Cartoonists’ Heads
The men behind the Danish Muhammad cartoons are today faced with another bounty on their heads from Pakistan. It is the Bar Association who is calling for the murder of the 12 Jyllands-Posten cartoonists.
"I offer the reward of 10 Million Rupees for anyone who kills one of the Cartoonists,"says Syes Athar Bukhari the President of the Bar Association. Bukhari is supported by the Jamaat-i-Islami party, the second-largest part of the Pakistani coalition government. The local leader, Rao Zafar Iqbal, says that the members of the party are willing to die for this sacred cause.
During the demonstration in the city of Multan Danish, Norwegian, Italian, Israeli and American flag were burned, and shouts of “Death to Denmark” were heard.
comments powered by Disqus
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- Trump will get more GOP primary votes than anyone in history (because more people are voting)
- Labour Party suspends former Mayor of London for implying Hitler supported Zionism
- At Virginia home of President Monroe, a sizable revision of history
- Thirty Years After Chernobyl, Debate Rages About Nuclear Power
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"
- Former secretary of state Henry Kissinger discusses his controversial career
- Annette Gordon-Reed subjects herself to Reddit, the “anything-goes” social media website
- Historian Nick Turse says the Pentagon has blacklisted him for making multiple FOIA requests