If Rush lost his hearing (scroll down and read updates 1 and 2) because of drug abuse, that's just pathetic. (I do apologize for the link to Right Wing News but, oh well, they've got the story.) Can you imagine how awful it would be to have done something like that to yourself?
I can't blast away at the man because drug abuse is tragic no matter who it is -- even a insensitive boorish right wing bigot like Rush Limbaugh. I just can't fathom the tragedy of having such a problem that you could do that to yourself.
If this story is true, I think it's time for Rush to check into rehab -- for several months.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton