CARTOON JIHAD IS RUSHDIE AFFAIR REDUX
Still, there are important differences. Then, the left stood by Rushdie. Trade relations were not affected and the American press published the book which became a best seller. Others acquitted themselves as poorly has they have done today.
All in all, food for thought and a good reason to sign the 12 writers' manifesto.
comments powered by Disqus
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- Buried at an Asylum, the ‘Unspoken, Untold History’ of the South
- New Orleans removes monument to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?
- H.R. McMaster criticized – and not for his defense of Trump
- Yale’s David Blight is asked if New Orleans rewrite its Civil War legacy