CARTOON JIHAD IS RUSHDIE AFFAIR REDUX
Still, there are important differences. Then, the left stood by Rushdie. Trade relations were not affected and the American press published the book which became a best seller. Others acquitted themselves as poorly has they have done today.
All in all, food for thought and a good reason to sign the 12 writers' manifesto.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"