Four jobs I’ve had
1. library clerk
2. replacement window telephone salesperson (don't shoot me)
4. college professor
Four movies I can watch over and over
1. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (no other movie so engages my sense of wonder)
3. Touch of Evil
4. Life of Brian
Four places I’ve lived
1. New York
2. Ann Arbor, Michigan
4. Oak Park, Michigan
Four TV shows I love
1. Star Trek: The Next Generation
2. The Simpsons
4. The Twilight Zone (original)
Four highly regarded and recommended TV shows I haven’t seen (much of)
1. Battlestar Galactica
4. Curb Your Enthusiasm
Four places I’ve vacationed
1. Marco Island, FL
2. Lake Tahoe
Four of my favorite dishes (only 4?!)
1. Any sort of fish chowder
2. Buffalo wings, medium-hot
3. Linguine with shrimp in a really good arrabiata sauce
4. Beignets and hot chocolate from Cafe du Monde
Four sites I visit daily
1. Cafe Hayek
2. Division of Labour
3. Bitch PhD
Four places I’d rather be right now
1. At a blackjack table in Vegas, up several hundred dollars
2. In my season tickets seats at center ice in Joe Louis Arena
3. At my university's property on upper Saranac Lake on a cool, clear summer evening
4. At a Rush concert in a very small venue with 200 of my closest friends
Four new bloggers I’m tagging
1. Chris Sciabarra
2. Rob at Big Monkey
3. Glen Whitman
4. David Youngberg
comments powered by Disqus
Anthony Gregory - 3/7/2006
I like your choice of foods.
David Youngberg - 3/7/2006
I love Battlestar Galactica; I strongly recommend you see it.
I almost put down DS9 as one of my favorite shows but between that, Firefly and BSG, I didn't want to put down three sci-fi shows. Still, I always thought DS9 was the sharpest Star Trek show they've had. TNG was a close second.
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”