IRAN BLAMED FOR THE MURDER OF UZBEKISTAN'S JEWISH LEADER
As upsetting as this news may be, it pales in comparison to the news of the 33-year-old rabbi who led the Tashkent community and was murdered in cold blood."The local Jewish community is convinced that anti-Semites are behind the murder, because the Rabbi was not robbed of his possessions."
The International Sephardic Leadership Council's official response blames IRAN:
The destruction of the Tajikistan synagogue last week was the most disgraceful act committed by a sovereign state toward its Jewish population since the end of WWII. Now, a suspicious murder of the leader of the sister Jewish community, only 4 hours away, raises concern that the Jews may be being targeted. We have heard, through official channels, that Iran may be involved with stirring up trouble in the region, and to that extent, we hope a full and fair investigation will be opened.
That is, indeed, the very least we should insist on.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history