Two recently published books also ring the alarm bells Menace in Europe: Why the Continent's Crisis Is America's, Too and While Europe Slept: How Radical Islam is Destroying the West from Within. I do not doubt their importance.
But I agree with Glenn Renolds. Hope should not be lost. There are also these headlines: French protest for murdered Jew is just the latest in a series of headlines which gives one hope. Another one is Vatican to Muslims: practice what you preach.
Then, there are elections. Angela Merkel is already making a difference and Sarkozy will do the same. Europe is coming to terms with the fact that it has a problem. It is a democracy. Hence, I trust the voters will make sure that the problem will be dealt later, if not sooner. Army of Davids (I love the name) is sure to help.
Turkey denies demanding and apology from Denmark.
Slovak Foreign minister criticizes EU for not supporting Denmark enough.
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"