Two recently published books also ring the alarm bells Menace in Europe: Why the Continent's Crisis Is America's, Too and While Europe Slept: How Radical Islam is Destroying the West from Within. I do not doubt their importance.
But I agree with Glenn Renolds. Hope should not be lost. There are also these headlines: French protest for murdered Jew is just the latest in a series of headlines which gives one hope. Another one is Vatican to Muslims: practice what you preach.
Then, there are elections. Angela Merkel is already making a difference and Sarkozy will do the same. Europe is coming to terms with the fact that it has a problem. It is a democracy. Hence, I trust the voters will make sure that the problem will be dealt later, if not sooner. Army of Davids (I love the name) is sure to help.
Turkey denies demanding and apology from Denmark.
Slovak Foreign minister criticizes EU for not supporting Denmark enough.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools