Two recently published books also ring the alarm bells Menace in Europe: Why the Continent's Crisis Is America's, Too and While Europe Slept: How Radical Islam is Destroying the West from Within. I do not doubt their importance.
But I agree with Glenn Renolds. Hope should not be lost. There are also these headlines: French protest for murdered Jew is just the latest in a series of headlines which gives one hope. Another one is Vatican to Muslims: practice what you preach.
Then, there are elections. Angela Merkel is already making a difference and Sarkozy will do the same. Europe is coming to terms with the fact that it has a problem. It is a democracy. Hence, I trust the voters will make sure that the problem will be dealt later, if not sooner. Army of Davids (I love the name) is sure to help.
Turkey denies demanding and apology from Denmark.
Slovak Foreign minister criticizes EU for not supporting Denmark enough.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- In Hiroshima 71 years after first atomic strike, Obama calls for end of nuclear weapons
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize