DIPLOMATS PREFER GERMANY TO INDIA OR IRAQ
I agree with both but I cannot but remember a question and answer period with Frank Gafni following his lecture. He was asked why Bremer did such a poor job in Iraq. Because, he answered, he had a group of young, enthusiastic and totally inexperienced people there. No one with any seniority would agree to go there. The army can order you to go were it needs you. The State cannot.
So, I suggest that as you read these articles, you keep in mind this very human problem. At the very least, the State needs to be restructured so as to make services in the less comfortable parts of the world, real career makers.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history