DIPLOMATS PREFER GERMANY TO INDIA OR IRAQ
I agree with both but I cannot but remember a question and answer period with Frank Gafni following his lecture. He was asked why Bremer did such a poor job in Iraq. Because, he answered, he had a group of young, enthusiastic and totally inexperienced people there. No one with any seniority would agree to go there. The army can order you to go were it needs you. The State cannot.
So, I suggest that as you read these articles, you keep in mind this very human problem. At the very least, the State needs to be restructured so as to make services in the less comfortable parts of the world, real career makers.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook