DIPLOMATS PREFER GERMANY TO INDIA OR IRAQ
I agree with both but I cannot but remember a question and answer period with Frank Gafni following his lecture. He was asked why Bremer did such a poor job in Iraq. Because, he answered, he had a group of young, enthusiastic and totally inexperienced people there. No one with any seniority would agree to go there. The army can order you to go were it needs you. The State cannot.
So, I suggest that as you read these articles, you keep in mind this very human problem. At the very least, the State needs to be restructured so as to make services in the less comfortable parts of the world, real career makers.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)