DIPLOMATS PREFER GERMANY TO INDIA OR IRAQ
I agree with both but I cannot but remember a question and answer period with Frank Gafni following his lecture. He was asked why Bremer did such a poor job in Iraq. Because, he answered, he had a group of young, enthusiastic and totally inexperienced people there. No one with any seniority would agree to go there. The army can order you to go were it needs you. The State cannot.
So, I suggest that as you read these articles, you keep in mind this very human problem. At the very least, the State needs to be restructured so as to make services in the less comfortable parts of the world, real career makers.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit