DIPLOMATS PREFER GERMANY TO INDIA OR IRAQ
I agree with both but I cannot but remember a question and answer period with Frank Gafni following his lecture. He was asked why Bremer did such a poor job in Iraq. Because, he answered, he had a group of young, enthusiastic and totally inexperienced people there. No one with any seniority would agree to go there. The army can order you to go were it needs you. The State cannot.
So, I suggest that as you read these articles, you keep in mind this very human problem. At the very least, the State needs to be restructured so as to make services in the less comfortable parts of the world, real career makers.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"