GIVE CHERTOFF HIS MEDAL OF HONOR.
Since W. clearly likes to assuage the hurt feelings of similar failures (Bremer, Tennent to name just a couple) with Congressional Medals of honor, it's time to give one to Chertoff. Then, please, appoint somebody who is unpopular with the bureaucracy, someone like John Bolton (who has been doing a terrific job at the UN).
Homeland security is not a place for softies.
comments powered by Disqus
Alex Bensky - 2/22/2006
Actually, Dr. Klinghoffer, what I think they hand out is the Medal of Freedom or something like that. The Congressional Medal of Honor (which is properly referred to simply as the Medal of Honor) is an award that can only be awarded to members of the armed services.
The overall point is well taken, though.
- Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- New Book Says Bob Woodward Burned Hillary Clinton’s Ghostwriter
- For decades they hid Jefferson’s relationship with her. Now Monticello is making room for Sally Hemings.
- In a Walt Whitman Novel, Lost for 165 Years, Clues to ‘Leaves of Grass’
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit