GIVE CHERTOFF HIS MEDAL OF HONOR.
Since W. clearly likes to assuage the hurt feelings of similar failures (Bremer, Tennent to name just a couple) with Congressional Medals of honor, it's time to give one to Chertoff. Then, please, appoint somebody who is unpopular with the bureaucracy, someone like John Bolton (who has been doing a terrific job at the UN).
Homeland security is not a place for softies.
comments powered by Disqus
Alex Bensky - 2/22/2006
Actually, Dr. Klinghoffer, what I think they hand out is the Medal of Freedom or something like that. The Congressional Medal of Honor (which is properly referred to simply as the Medal of Honor) is an award that can only be awarded to members of the armed services.
The overall point is well taken, though.
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?