GIVE CHERTOFF HIS MEDAL OF HONOR.
Since W. clearly likes to assuage the hurt feelings of similar failures (Bremer, Tennent to name just a couple) with Congressional Medals of honor, it's time to give one to Chertoff. Then, please, appoint somebody who is unpopular with the bureaucracy, someone like John Bolton (who has been doing a terrific job at the UN).
Homeland security is not a place for softies.
comments powered by Disqus
Alex Bensky - 2/22/2006
Actually, Dr. Klinghoffer, what I think they hand out is the Medal of Freedom or something like that. The Congressional Medal of Honor (which is properly referred to simply as the Medal of Honor) is an award that can only be awarded to members of the armed services.
The overall point is well taken, though.
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar