GIVE CHERTOFF HIS MEDAL OF HONOR.
Since W. clearly likes to assuage the hurt feelings of similar failures (Bremer, Tennent to name just a couple) with Congressional Medals of honor, it's time to give one to Chertoff. Then, please, appoint somebody who is unpopular with the bureaucracy, someone like John Bolton (who has been doing a terrific job at the UN).
Homeland security is not a place for softies.
comments powered by Disqus
Alex Bensky - 2/22/2006
Actually, Dr. Klinghoffer, what I think they hand out is the Medal of Freedom or something like that. The Congressional Medal of Honor (which is properly referred to simply as the Medal of Honor) is an award that can only be awarded to members of the armed services.
The overall point is well taken, though.
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book