GIVE CHERTOFF HIS MEDAL OF HONOR.
Since W. clearly likes to assuage the hurt feelings of similar failures (Bremer, Tennent to name just a couple) with Congressional Medals of honor, it's time to give one to Chertoff. Then, please, appoint somebody who is unpopular with the bureaucracy, someone like John Bolton (who has been doing a terrific job at the UN).
Homeland security is not a place for softies.
comments powered by Disqus
Alex Bensky - 2/22/2006
Actually, Dr. Klinghoffer, what I think they hand out is the Medal of Freedom or something like that. The Congressional Medal of Honor (which is properly referred to simply as the Medal of Honor) is an award that can only be awarded to members of the armed services.
The overall point is well taken, though.
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit