NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS RETALIATE
Finally, MSM has the story it has been waiting for, a story about Christians and Muslims killing each other. Unfortunately, as I have noted bellow, the Christians have concluded that they can either continue to die or retaliate. They are retaliating by burning mosques and killing Muslims.
Moral equivalency more than reigns again. Interestingly, this time AP does not try to cover up the religion of the murderers: Anti-Muslim Riot in Nigeria Turns Deadly.
comments powered by Disqus
Amir - 2/22/2006
Judith A. Klinghoffer wrote: "Christians have concluded that they can either continue to die or retaliate"
Note how she justifies killings by Christians: "retaliate or die." Christians were killing Muslim minorities in the south where Christians are the majority and were not in danger of 'dying' (as she claims). It was pure revenge attack for what happened in the north (nothing at all to do with 'retaliate or die'). She won't offer such rationalization and justification if the killers were Muslims or Palestinians like in Arab-Israel conflict.
Liggett - 2/22/2006
Looks like business as usual at AP. They report only when Muslims are killed, not when they do the killing. Likewise, the despicable AP usually waits for an Israeli airstrike before enlightening the world that a "retaliatory Israeli airstrike kills 2", burying deep in the story that the strike was an attempt to stop multiple rocket launches aiming at Israeli civilians. The same pattern here: it only becomes a story when Christians start to riot so that Muslims could be portrayed as victims.
Michael McCullough - 2/21/2006
Thank you for keeping us informed about this. You are doing the web community a real service.
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"