DANISH ISRAELI DIALOGUE ON BOYCOTTS
Radical groups in Denmark sometime runs a hate-campaign against Israeli goods in the form of (all) 20-30 people storming into a supermarket to vandalize Israeli brands. But its been a few years since it happened last. I guess that is why some importers prefer to lay low. Sad really.
I didn't know there was a boycott against Israel now, or in other words, I think it is failing miserably if there is.
...By the way"Denmark" cannot order a manufacturer in any country to remove a label. Only the buyer can do that - and I wish they didn't. It kind of makes it difficult to return the favor and buy Israeli if we cannot see the label. What do they make other than fabulous oranges? (sorry for being ignorant)
It's well and good to fight the recently organized Arab/Muslim boycott of Denmark, but there's been an organized boycott by the Arab world of Israel for 5 decades.
One way to fight it is to look for goods made in Israel. A particularly useful site in this regard BuyIsraeliGoods.org. Or just do a search on"buy Israel" and you'll get a number of other sources.
One unique such enterprise is Ahava products that features cosmetics made from the Dead Sea. Also if you are buying generic pharmaceuticals there's a good chance they were made in Israel because Teva is the world's largest manufacturer of generic drugs.
Betka asked my to highlight her favorite shoes, Naot.
comments powered by Disqus
Mette - 2/20/2006
I-packs just outside Copenhagen is importing all kinds of stuff from Israel according to an add in a magazine.
Lisbeth - 2/15/2006
I'm all for buying products from Israel but sadly I cant find any online store that ships to Denmark. From what I can see the links posted only ships to the US??
Betka - 2/14/2006
Israel makes GREAT shoes.
Beautifeel and Naot. I am sure they are in one of the lists you offered up but just wanted to highlight my favorite Israeli product :)
- Artist Corrects Inaccuracies At The George W. Bush Library With Augmented Reality
- “Unprecedented” discovery of mysterious structures created by Neanderthals
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize
- Michael Cohen explains why he calls his book on 1968 “American Malestrom"
- Fredrik Logevall on Obama's Legacy