DANISH ISRAELI DIALOGUE ON BOYCOTTS
Radical groups in Denmark sometime runs a hate-campaign against Israeli goods in the form of (all) 20-30 people storming into a supermarket to vandalize Israeli brands. But its been a few years since it happened last. I guess that is why some importers prefer to lay low. Sad really.
I didn't know there was a boycott against Israel now, or in other words, I think it is failing miserably if there is.
...By the way"Denmark" cannot order a manufacturer in any country to remove a label. Only the buyer can do that - and I wish they didn't. It kind of makes it difficult to return the favor and buy Israeli if we cannot see the label. What do they make other than fabulous oranges? (sorry for being ignorant)
It's well and good to fight the recently organized Arab/Muslim boycott of Denmark, but there's been an organized boycott by the Arab world of Israel for 5 decades.
One way to fight it is to look for goods made in Israel. A particularly useful site in this regard BuyIsraeliGoods.org. Or just do a search on"buy Israel" and you'll get a number of other sources.
One unique such enterprise is Ahava products that features cosmetics made from the Dead Sea. Also if you are buying generic pharmaceuticals there's a good chance they were made in Israel because Teva is the world's largest manufacturer of generic drugs.
Betka asked my to highlight her favorite shoes, Naot.
comments powered by Disqus
Mette - 2/20/2006
I-packs just outside Copenhagen is importing all kinds of stuff from Israel according to an add in a magazine.
Lisbeth - 2/15/2006
I'm all for buying products from Israel but sadly I cant find any online store that ships to Denmark. From what I can see the links posted only ships to the US??
Betka - 2/14/2006
Israel makes GREAT shoes.
Beautifeel and Naot. I am sure they are in one of the lists you offered up but just wanted to highlight my favorite Israeli product :)
- Miami’s Watergate mystery man at heart of newly revealed CIA report
- The Anthropocene epoch: scientists declare dawn of human-influenced age
- ‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- OAH President Nancy Cott says the Library of Congress is being politicized
- NYT publishes historians' plea for the revival of political history
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book