Airport security Pat Downs
Is legally objecting to the forced groping of your genitals a false accusation? I don't see how...unless, of course, you believe that putting on a uniform excuses the wearer from all personal responsibility of respecting the human rights of others. That is a popular view these days, I admit. Put on a police, military, or some otherwise governmental uniform and you are somehow given a"right" -- no, make that word"privilege" -- to break the laws of common decency and non-agression. So, in response to critics, I say...GO PENN! GO REED! Thanks for making my person a bit safer from the thugs and their attack-dog apologists who wish to grope the genitals of reluctant others in order to make the world a better place. How bright the future they envision must shine!!
Check out my libertarian discussion BB!
comments powered by Disqus
Aster Francesca - 2/9/2006
Thank you for posting this. The treatment of escorts and other sex workers going though airport security is, as one can imagine, a standing atrocity.
Amusing note: when I came home from sex change surgery in Thailand, the goons took me aside, claiming I'd been randomly chosen for a search (yeah, right) and spent three-quarters of an hour looking through every item in my bags. The amusing part is that they carefully unwrapped, then re-wrapped, a couple thousand American dollars worth of Thai jewelry I was forgetting to declare to customs. They didn't seem to notice that, tho' I do vaguely remember they stole something.
Perhaps America would be safer from terrorists if they hired brighter security guards.
There's also a profile out that catches transgenders, because some brilliant bureaucrat had night terrors among mid-Eastern male terrorists dressing up in a burkha; as a result the guards are instructed to specially search anyone who shows any signs of gender nonconformity.
David T. Beito - 2/9/2006
A vice president who keeps quiet would be a nice change from the last two occupants of that office.
William J. Stepp - 2/8/2006
And Teller for VP. They could announce before the election that their first magic trick, upon being elected, would be to make the White House disappear. Then Congress, then the Pentagon, then the CIA, then ... the list is, unfortunately, endless.
David T. Beito - 2/8/2006
If the Libertarian Party has any smarts they will try to get Penn to run in 2008.
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- The World's Jewish Population Is Nearing Pre-Holocaust Levels
- Bernie Sanders’s Revolutionary Roots Were Nurtured in ’60s Vermont
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing