MORE SLEIGHT OF HAND WITH W'S POLL NUMBERS
You know, if the president's job rating doesn't go up, why pretend that it has? Get a load of this misleading headline regarding a recent CBS poll. If you actually read the poll in question, it has a great deal of bad news for the president -- including the fact that his approval numbers have actually gone down. Furthermore, almost all of these polls ask other questions about the Iraq situation that indicates he's in big trouble with the public.
(BTW, I am astonished that 62% of Americans still think Saddam had WMDs. I know it's always hard to admit you were gullibly led like sheep down the primrose path. However, don't you think it's about time for these folks to admit they were misled by the administration? Not that there wasn't plenty of evidence of that at the time if they'd have gotten off their lazy backsides to find it. The fact that the American people keep desperately hanging on to the hope that Saddam had WMDs demonstrates mostly that, predictably, these poor gullible souls don't want to admit their government lied to them.)
Anyway, I'm really getting tired of reading that W got a"bounce" on the economy because, once you actually read the polls in question, his approval numbers are usually holding steady or even, in the case of this CBS poll, actually going down. I commented on Newsweek's rather bizarre positive spin on their poll just a few days ago.
Why can't the media just say the obvious? If you peruse the recent polls, most of them show W's approval numbers holding steady at a rather mediocre level (mostly the low 50s) and there are no signs there will be much improvement soon.
What's wrong with just being honest?
comments powered by Disqus
Greg E Oubre - 5/18/2004
Well, once again Thomas is wrong. WMD's have been found and used against U.S. troops. The liberals have a lot of apologizing to do. Intentionally misleading the American people when they knew the truth. You have been exposed for what you are.
- Veteran Congressman Still Pushing for Reparations in a Divided America
- Hitler's phone, 'the most destructive 'weapon' of all time,' sold for $243,000
- NYT features fascinating story about Ford’s fantasyland in Brazil
- Mark Zuckerberg issues manifesto on the future of Facebook that rests on insights of Israeli historian Yuval Harari
- Migration To Americas Came in Waves, According to Big Data
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans