POLL SAYS PALESTINIANS WANT HAMAS TO CHANGE
Rather than indicate backing for Hamas's hard-line tactics, the survey found that a total of 73% of respondents believe Hamas should" change its position on the elimination of the state of Israel".
Not only did an overall 84% support a peace agreement with Israel, but 77% of Hamas voters also wanted a settlement.
Why do I have trouble believing this? Because these same pollsters were so wrong about the elections.
Quartet gives Hamas time to change its stripes. It seems they are thinking about three months, the time needed to form a government. I am not thrilled but at least they talk tough and stick together.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pittsburgh native David McCullough's next book will focus on generations of Northwest pioneers
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton