Here you will find her reporting for CSM [via natasha].
Her translator, Alan Enwiyah, was killed during her abduction. Riverbend remembers him.
I hope and pray that she returns home to her family, safe.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 1/18/2006
Thank you for the link to Riverbend's elegy. Sad and painfully beautiful. Trnaslators are edited out of journalism, so they get little publicity. But the good they do matters so much!
For those who subscribe to Salon, the elegy has been cross-posted there at http://salon.com/opinion/feature/2006/01/17/riverbend/.
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook