Here you will find her reporting for CSM [via natasha].
Her translator, Alan Enwiyah, was killed during her abduction. Riverbend remembers him.
I hope and pray that she returns home to her family, safe.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 1/18/2006
Thank you for the link to Riverbend's elegy. Sad and painfully beautiful. Trnaslators are edited out of journalism, so they get little publicity. But the good they do matters so much!
For those who subscribe to Salon, the elegy has been cross-posted there at http://salon.com/opinion/feature/2006/01/17/riverbend/.
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama
- Turning West, Historians Take a Wider View of Early America