Here you will find her reporting for CSM [via natasha].
Her translator, Alan Enwiyah, was killed during her abduction. Riverbend remembers him.
I hope and pray that she returns home to her family, safe.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 1/18/2006
Thank you for the link to Riverbend's elegy. Sad and painfully beautiful. Trnaslators are edited out of journalism, so they get little publicity. But the good they do matters so much!
For those who subscribe to Salon, the elegy has been cross-posted there at http://salon.com/opinion/feature/2006/01/17/riverbend/.
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81
- History professor gives Pittsburgh, PA columnist an “F” for a op ed on slavery
- Sharon Ullman says the work of historians is becoming increasingly invisible