Here you will find her reporting for CSM [via natasha].
Her translator, Alan Enwiyah, was killed during her abduction. Riverbend remembers him.
I hope and pray that she returns home to her family, safe.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 1/18/2006
Thank you for the link to Riverbend's elegy. Sad and painfully beautiful. Trnaslators are edited out of journalism, so they get little publicity. But the good they do matters so much!
For those who subscribe to Salon, the elegy has been cross-posted there at http://salon.com/opinion/feature/2006/01/17/riverbend/.
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic