Here you will find her reporting for CSM [via natasha].
Her translator, Alan Enwiyah, was killed during her abduction. Riverbend remembers him.
I hope and pray that she returns home to her family, safe.
comments powered by Disqus
Oscar Chamberlain - 1/18/2006
Thank you for the link to Riverbend's elegy. Sad and painfully beautiful. Trnaslators are edited out of journalism, so they get little publicity. But the good they do matters so much!
For those who subscribe to Salon, the elegy has been cross-posted there at http://salon.com/opinion/feature/2006/01/17/riverbend/.
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools