Harry Magdoff (1913-2006)
I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to discern a parallel between Harry Magdoff and Murray Rothbard with regard to their influence upon, and the affection in which they were held among, respectively Marxists and libertarians.
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R. Gregg - 1/13/2006
Gordon Leff is an author whose writings are invaluable in analyzing class theory, both in general and Marxist class analysis. Although he is primarily known for his work in the medieval period, his analysis of class theory is first-rate.
Just a thought.
Roderick T. Long - 1/9/2006
Kevin himself has written something on this subject too: Austrian and Marxist Theories of Monopoly-Capital: A Mutualist Synthesis.
Kevin Carson - 1/9/2006
For an interesting fusion of Austrian and neo-Marxist theories of overproduction and imperialism, check out Joseph Stromberg. "The Role of State Monopoly Capitalism in the American Empire." Journal of Libertarian Studies Volume 15, no. 3 (Summer 2001)
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic