Harry Magdoff (1913-2006)
I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to discern a parallel between Harry Magdoff and Murray Rothbard with regard to their influence upon, and the affection in which they were held among, respectively Marxists and libertarians.
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R. Gregg - 1/12/2006
Gordon Leff is an author whose writings are invaluable in analyzing class theory, both in general and Marxist class analysis. Although he is primarily known for his work in the medieval period, his analysis of class theory is first-rate.
Just a thought.
Roderick T. Long - 1/9/2006
Kevin himself has written something on this subject too: Austrian and Marxist Theories of Monopoly-Capital: A Mutualist Synthesis.
Kevin Carson - 1/9/2006
For an interesting fusion of Austrian and neo-Marxist theories of overproduction and imperialism, check out Joseph Stromberg. "The Role of State Monopoly Capitalism in the American Empire." Journal of Libertarian Studies Volume 15, no. 3 (Summer 2001)
- How Clinton Could Respond on Supreme Court Vacancy
- Trump and Clinton Way Ahead in South Carolina
- McConnell Says Senate Will Wait to Replace Scalia
- Antonin Scalia Is Dead
- Clinton Says Sanders Would Be Threat to Obama Legacy
- Internal Tracker Shows Trump Leading in South Carolina
- How the Primaries are Rigged Against Sanders
- Carson Sees Fundraising Resurgence
- Trump Has GOP Mega Donors Frozen
- Quote of the Day
- Top GOP Candidates Haven’t Released Tax Returns
- Trump Attack Ads Finally Begin
- Super PACs Gear Up for Clinton
- Cruz App Mines Data from Your Phone
- Trump Way Ahead in South Carolina
- Ben Carson used an apparently fake Joseph Stalin quote — and the Internet loved it
- Rubio exaggerates in saying it's been 80 years since a 'lame duck' made a Supreme Court nomination
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges