Richard Hovannisian: On the Need to Finally Come to Terms with the Armenian Genocide
He was interviewed by HNN's Rick Shenkman at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association on January 5, 2006.
comments powered by Disqus
P Flum - 1/17/2004
In perusing the list of Hot Seat historians, it is disturbing to note several were attacked for unpopular beliefs. The document above suggests strongly a reaffirmation to protect, protected speech in the academy.
Sil Elliott - 1/7/2004
Hats off for such a compelling statement for critical inquiry and protecting unpopular speech.
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean
- The Council on Foreign Relations Honors Kissinger Critic
- Architectural historian discovers Chartres Cathedral has started faking it
- Rick Perlstein hits back at a critic of his book on Reagan
- So Historians Are Surprised by What DNA Can Tell Us?