Richard Hovannisian: On the Need to Finally Come to Terms with the Armenian Genocide
He was interviewed by HNN's Rick Shenkman at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association on January 5, 2006.
comments powered by Disqus
P Flum - 1/17/2004
In perusing the list of Hot Seat historians, it is disturbing to note several were attacked for unpopular beliefs. The document above suggests strongly a reaffirmation to protect, protected speech in the academy.
Sil Elliott - 1/7/2004
Hats off for such a compelling statement for critical inquiry and protecting unpopular speech.
- Black studies professor in the middle of exploding scandal at the University of North Carolina
- 2 conservative groups are leading the fight against the new AP standards
- The secret of successful history departments
- AHA president suggests older historians should consider making way for younger historians
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China