Richard Hovannisian: On the Need to Finally Come to Terms with the Armenian Genocide
He was interviewed by HNN's Rick Shenkman at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association on January 5, 2006.
comments powered by Disqus
P Flum - 1/17/2004
In perusing the list of Hot Seat historians, it is disturbing to note several were attacked for unpopular beliefs. The document above suggests strongly a reaffirmation to protect, protected speech in the academy.
Sil Elliott - 1/7/2004
Hats off for such a compelling statement for critical inquiry and protecting unpopular speech.
- In Trump’s America, is the Supreme Court still seen as legitimate?
- The Republican Plan to Repeal Obamacare for Everybody But Alaska Might Be Unconstitutional
- Parliament Square in London Is Closer to Having First Female Statue
- Battle Over Confederate Monuments Moves to the Cemeteries
- German WW1 U-boat found off Belgian coast
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses
- University of Utah appoints first Mormon Studies professor
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond