Richard Hovannisian: On the Need to Finally Come to Terms with the Armenian Genocide
He was interviewed by HNN's Rick Shenkman at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association on January 5, 2006.
comments powered by Disqus
P Flum - 1/17/2004
In perusing the list of Hot Seat historians, it is disturbing to note several were attacked for unpopular beliefs. The document above suggests strongly a reaffirmation to protect, protected speech in the academy.
Sil Elliott - 1/7/2004
Hats off for such a compelling statement for critical inquiry and protecting unpopular speech.
- Norma Basch, pioneer in legal history, has died
- National History Day Helps 600,000 Kids Bring the Past to Life
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders