PROFESSORS FOR AHMADINEJAD
Who are they?
For decades they flourished in the Arab/Muslim intellectual world attracting little attention. In 1983, when Mahmoud Abbas published his version entitled The Other Side: The Secret Relationship between Nazism and the Zionist Movement, no one paid attention. By the 1990s, holocaust denial became routine. Indeed, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's April 2001 Ahmadinejad-like remark went unnoticed:
There is evidence which shows that Zionists had close relations with German Nazis and exaggerated statistics on Jewish killings. There is even evidence on hand that a large number of non-Jewish hooligans and thugs of Eastern Europe were forced to migrate to Palestine as Jews. The purpose was to install in the heart of the Islamic world an anti-Islamic state under the guise of supporting the victims of racism and to create a rift between the East and the West of the Islamic world.
Then came the Second Intifada and opened the Pandora Box the West has refused to see. The MSM has never been anxious to explore the underside of those it considers hapless victims but the Internet helped by translation sites as MEMRI joined with the reenergized Jewish organizations and begun forcing its hand. Its first success came when Rafik Harriri, then still Lebanon's Prime Minister, ordered the cancellation of the planned April 2001 Holocaust denial conference in Beirut. 9/11 intensified the light focused on the horror contained in that box and eventually convinced the Arab/Muslim intellectual elite that outright Holocaust denial is a self defeating strategy.
It is a small wonder that these holocaust denying professors, annoyed with their growing isolation, are thrilled to find a new sponsor. The more important question is what will be the price we ( not the Europeans ) will have to pay to make sure that the Iranian does not have the opportunity denied to Hitler, that of getting his finger on the nuclear button.
comments powered by Disqus
- Smithsonian launches campaign to raise $10 million for women’s history initiative
- Trump Was Not Always So Linguistically Challenged
- 75th anniversary of the World War 2 black uprising that the American public never heard about
- Longest serving governor in U.S. history to resign after confirmation as Trump's ambassador to China
- Did the First Human Ancestor Emerge in Europe, Not Africa?
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?