HAPPY 2006/ UPDATE
May it be a good one.
Thank you Betka. Thank you, all my readers. I can not overstate the extent to which I am grateful and humbled by your willingness to pay attention to my musings.
I am ever so grateful that the HNN gives me an opportunity to cast my"bread" upon the waters in the hope somebody, somewhere will find it useful. I am ever amazed that so many of you do.
I will do my best not to disappoint in the coming year.
comments powered by Disqus
Betka - 1/1/2006
I read you most everyday and just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you lending us your view of the world.
Happy 2006 :)
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize