AHMADINEJAD AMBUSHED BY BALUCHI SUNNIS
One of the bodyguards of Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was killed and another wounded when an attempt to ambush the presidential motorcade was thwarted in the southeastern province of Sistan and Baluchestan, according to a semi-official newspaper and local residents.
“At 6:50 pm on Thursday, the lead car in the presidential motorcade confronted armed bandits and trouble-makers on the Zabol-Saravan highway,” the semi-official Jomhouri Islami reported on Saturday.
“In the ensuing armed clash, the driver of the vehicle, who was an indigenous member of the security services, and one of the president’s bodyguards died, while another bodyguard was wounded,” the newspaper, which was founded by Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, wrote.
By the way, the Sunni-Shia mutual discrimination is one of the reasons for the long tantrum thrown by the Iraqi Sunnis after the fall of Saddam. It is also the reason that once a constitution guaranteeing minority rights passed, the Sunnis understood that they would do best under a democratic system. They may not dominate the country but they would be able to play a vital role in it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Unilateral U.S. nuclear pullback in 1991 matched by rapid Soviet cuts
- More Historians Come Out for Trump
- History lesson horrifies parent: Blacks used to have ‘strong work ethic’ during slavery
- Philippines President Compares Himself To Hitler in Anti-Crime Rant
- U.S. Extradites Baltimore Professor to Rwanda to Stand Trial for Genocide