EU THREATENS IRAN WITH SANCTIONS
'These comments are wholly unacceptable and have no place in civilized political debate,' the statement said. EU leaders warned Tehran they will review diplomatic options for possible sanctions against Iran, citing 'provocative political moves' Iran has made since May. . . .
EU leaders said they were 'gravely concerned at Iran's failure to build confidence that its nuclear program is exclusively peaceful,' adding that recent decisions to resume work on enriching uranium 'only add to the EU's profound concerns about Iran's intentions.'
The EU statement also reiterated 'deep concern about the lack of respect for human rights and fundamental political freedoms in Iran.'
The leaders also were to reaffirm the 'right of Israel to exist within secure and recognized borders (and) recalls that all members of the United Nations have undertaken to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state.'
They were to call on Tehran 'to join the international consensus on the need for a two-state solution to the Palestinian-Israel conflict, to support the search for peace between Israel and its neighbors and to end support for groups which advocate or engage in acts of terrorism.'
Let us not forget, Iran may just become EU's neighbor.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"