More Noted Things
There's a good conversation going on among Manan Ahmed, Caleb McDaniel, and eb atNo Great Matter about President Bush's references to history as judge. Is it a way of deferring judgment and of claiming an ultimate vindication? I also recommend the recent posts by Chris Bray and Linus Kafka at Historiblogography. Just read and scroll down for more.
Thanks to Jon Dresner and Manan Ahmed, Cliopatria's History Blogroll has been up-dated. It now lists over 275 history blogs, including 9 in non-English languages, and has a separate listing for History of Science and Technology.
comments powered by Disqus
- Columbia University Releases Eric Foner’s Civil War MOOCs. It's Free!
- Historian Geoffrey Ward tells CBS: Fox News would have ‘loved’ to show FDR with polio ‘at his most helpless’
- Eric Hobsbawm is remembered as a polyglot of a kind that's vanished
- Once again Ken Burns turns to Geoffrey Ward to write his script, this time about the Roosevelts
- Historian warns that countries go into decline when they become rigid, oppress minorities, and become weak militarily