More Noted Things
There's a good conversation going on among Manan Ahmed, Caleb McDaniel, and eb atNo Great Matter about President Bush's references to history as judge. Is it a way of deferring judgment and of claiming an ultimate vindication? I also recommend the recent posts by Chris Bray and Linus Kafka at Historiblogography. Just read and scroll down for more.
Thanks to Jon Dresner and Manan Ahmed, Cliopatria's History Blogroll has been up-dated. It now lists over 275 history blogs, including 9 in non-English languages, and has a separate listing for History of Science and Technology.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Story Behind ‘Woman in Gold’: Nazi Art Thieves and One Painting’s Return
- Scott Walker, Allergic to Dogs, May Run Against Political History
- Russian History Receives a Makeover That Starts With Ivan the Terrible
- Parsing Ronald Reagan’s Words for Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
- Here's a look at history of 'religious freedom' laws
- Charlatan or Sage? Contested Legacy of the late Dr. Ben, a Father of African Studies
- Historians make it easy for visitors to DC to understand the history of the Mall
- History's Grandin Wins Bancroft Prize for "The Empire of Necessity"
- Nobel prize-winning scientist writes a history of science
- Ken Burns tackles history of cancer