More Noted Things
There's a good conversation going on among Manan Ahmed, Caleb McDaniel, and eb atNo Great Matter about President Bush's references to history as judge. Is it a way of deferring judgment and of claiming an ultimate vindication? I also recommend the recent posts by Chris Bray and Linus Kafka at Historiblogography. Just read and scroll down for more.
Thanks to Jon Dresner and Manan Ahmed, Cliopatria's History Blogroll has been up-dated. It now lists over 275 history blogs, including 9 in non-English languages, and has a separate listing for History of Science and Technology.
comments powered by Disqus
- New Yorker profiles activist who's drawing attention to lynchings
- Wisconsin GOP senator wants to replace history professors with Ken Burns videos
- UT removes Confederate inscription that it previously said would stay
- The man behind the Smithsonian’s new African-American history museum
- Greece vows pressure on Germany to get WWII reparations
- Some Ohio University professors ditch the textbooks, and the prices
- Renowned Israeli Holocaust Historian: ‘If I Were a British Jew, I’d Be Worried’
- Heather Ann Thompson pries loose the long-kept secrets of Attica in her new book
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton