SYRIA DID THE TORTURING - NOT THE US OR CANADA
Let's face it. To protect our civil liberties we, as a society, can afford to free rapists and murderers. We cannot afford to free terrorists - We did so after the first trade center bombing (not only did we not hold Iraq responsible for that bombing but as the NYT revealed yesterday we did not even insist that it turn over the perpetrators) and we got the second trade center bombing - 9/11. The price is too high!
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize