THERE IS AN AXIS OF EVIL
Iran and North Korea top the list of human rights abusers. In North Korea there are public executions and in Iran dissidents simply disappear. If Amadinejad has his way, even worse fate awaits those who cause the Iranian stock markets to decline. He wants hang them.
Kim and Ahmadinejad are unbalanced mini Hitlers who must not only be prevented from laying their hands on nuclear weapons but must be prevented from causing more damage to their own people.
As President George W. Bush returns to Washington from his Asian tour, he will be confronted with newly released information that Iran is building nuclear-warhead capable missiles with help from North Korean experts in a vast underground complex near Tehran.
The project, initiated at the end of the Iran-Iraq war in 1989, involves dozens of immense tunnels and facilities built under the mountains near Tehran, Iranian opposition sources reported Monday. The information was first released in September, but the involvement of North Korean experts, and the report that Iran's missile production has reached an advanced stage, brings a new twist to Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons.
In his 2002 State of the Union address Bush named Iran and North Korea in his"Axis of Evil." The third member of the axis was Iraq.
"North Korean experts have cooperated with the Tehran regime in the design and building of this complex," said Alireza Jafarzadeh, president of Strategic Policy Consulting, and a former representative of the Mujahedeen-e-Khalq."Many blueprints of the site have been prepared by North Korean experts."
Also, Iran offered North Korea oil in exchange for nuclear missile technology, reports Der Spiegel.
Eventually, we will win because people prefer freedom but I worry that the longer we hesitate, the higher the price of ridding the world of this axis will be. Already, Afghanistan is going backwards and Assad and his Brother in Law escaped the clutches of of Detlev who will have a chance to interview only 5 of the 6 suspects he wanted.
Why? Because KGB Putin is back in the game and his country just happens to hold the rotating presidency of the Security Council this month.
Michael Ledeen is absolutely right. Faster, confound it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump got history wrong in interview with NYT
- A Century-Old Abraham Lincoln Mystery May Finally Have an Answer
- Did an Israeli student steal Auschwitz artifacts for her art exhibit?
- Memorial erected at site of witch trial hangings
- Michael Beschloss says if Trump pardons himself this is worse than Watergate
- One reason H.R. McMaster and Trump don't have a close relationship
- Rick Perlstein joins criticism of Nancy MacLean's "Democracy in Chains"
- Daniel Pipes says it’s time for the Palestinians to recognize they lost
- Wm. Theodore de Bary, Renowned Columbia Sinologist, Dies at 97
- Iran sentences Princeton history grad student to 10 years for spying