THERE IS AN AXIS OF EVIL
Iran and North Korea top the list of human rights abusers. In North Korea there are public executions and in Iran dissidents simply disappear. If Amadinejad has his way, even worse fate awaits those who cause the Iranian stock markets to decline. He wants hang them.
Kim and Ahmadinejad are unbalanced mini Hitlers who must not only be prevented from laying their hands on nuclear weapons but must be prevented from causing more damage to their own people.
As President George W. Bush returns to Washington from his Asian tour, he will be confronted with newly released information that Iran is building nuclear-warhead capable missiles with help from North Korean experts in a vast underground complex near Tehran.
The project, initiated at the end of the Iran-Iraq war in 1989, involves dozens of immense tunnels and facilities built under the mountains near Tehran, Iranian opposition sources reported Monday. The information was first released in September, but the involvement of North Korean experts, and the report that Iran's missile production has reached an advanced stage, brings a new twist to Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons.
In his 2002 State of the Union address Bush named Iran and North Korea in his"Axis of Evil." The third member of the axis was Iraq.
"North Korean experts have cooperated with the Tehran regime in the design and building of this complex," said Alireza Jafarzadeh, president of Strategic Policy Consulting, and a former representative of the Mujahedeen-e-Khalq."Many blueprints of the site have been prepared by North Korean experts."
Also, Iran offered North Korea oil in exchange for nuclear missile technology, reports Der Spiegel.
Eventually, we will win because people prefer freedom but I worry that the longer we hesitate, the higher the price of ridding the world of this axis will be. Already, Afghanistan is going backwards and Assad and his Brother in Law escaped the clutches of of Detlev who will have a chance to interview only 5 of the 6 suspects he wanted.
Why? Because KGB Putin is back in the game and his country just happens to hold the rotating presidency of the Security Council this month.
Michael Ledeen is absolutely right. Faster, confound it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Previously untouched 600BC palace discovered under shrine demolished by Isil in Mosul
- Slate reveals that despite our apology, nothing’s been done to help Guatemalans infected in an experiment worse than Tuskegee
- Russian government website notes that game maker has sent “Secret Hitler” to every US senator
- Scholars debate the future of NATO
- Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War
- James Oliver Horton remembered as a pioneer for African American research
- Theodore Lowi, Zealous Scholar of Presidents and Liberalism, Dies at 85
- What LT. Gen. H.R. McMaster will offer as new national security adviser
- Fareed Zakaria hails historian Nigel Hamilton’s series as the memoir FDR never had the opportunity to write
- French Historian Says He Was Threatened With Deportation at Houston Airport