THERE IS AN AXIS OF EVIL
Iran and North Korea top the list of human rights abusers. In North Korea there are public executions and in Iran dissidents simply disappear. If Amadinejad has his way, even worse fate awaits those who cause the Iranian stock markets to decline. He wants hang them.
Kim and Ahmadinejad are unbalanced mini Hitlers who must not only be prevented from laying their hands on nuclear weapons but must be prevented from causing more damage to their own people.
As President George W. Bush returns to Washington from his Asian tour, he will be confronted with newly released information that Iran is building nuclear-warhead capable missiles with help from North Korean experts in a vast underground complex near Tehran.
The project, initiated at the end of the Iran-Iraq war in 1989, involves dozens of immense tunnels and facilities built under the mountains near Tehran, Iranian opposition sources reported Monday. The information was first released in September, but the involvement of North Korean experts, and the report that Iran's missile production has reached an advanced stage, brings a new twist to Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons.
In his 2002 State of the Union address Bush named Iran and North Korea in his"Axis of Evil." The third member of the axis was Iraq.
"North Korean experts have cooperated with the Tehran regime in the design and building of this complex," said Alireza Jafarzadeh, president of Strategic Policy Consulting, and a former representative of the Mujahedeen-e-Khalq."Many blueprints of the site have been prepared by North Korean experts."
Also, Iran offered North Korea oil in exchange for nuclear missile technology, reports Der Spiegel.
Eventually, we will win because people prefer freedom but I worry that the longer we hesitate, the higher the price of ridding the world of this axis will be. Already, Afghanistan is going backwards and Assad and his Brother in Law escaped the clutches of of Detlev who will have a chance to interview only 5 of the 6 suspects he wanted.
Why? Because KGB Putin is back in the game and his country just happens to hold the rotating presidency of the Security Council this month.
Michael Ledeen is absolutely right. Faster, confound it.
comments powered by Disqus
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize