Howard N Meyer: Oil & Iraq
The fine letter of Eric Margolis, noting the absence of"oil" from the reviews in"Special Issue: Iraq" inspires another: Absence of the phrase"International Law" from the same set of reviews, and (very likely) from the books reviewed and from the letters published (Book Review Nov. 30) is likewise a"Symptom of Denial" regarding the probable violation of the United Nations Charter perpetrated by invading Iraq.
Howard N Meyer
comments powered by Disqus
- Now it can be told: The weakening of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 is the crowning achievement of GOP partisans who detested the law
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Novels About Real-Life Women Are Saving Forgotten History
- Rubio becomes the first Republican presidential candidate in 2016 to admit US must confront “painful” history of racial discrimination
- CNN documentary focuses on “Nixon’s Own 9/11"
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success