Howard N Meyer: Oil & Iraq
The fine letter of Eric Margolis, noting the absence of"oil" from the reviews in"Special Issue: Iraq" inspires another: Absence of the phrase"International Law" from the same set of reviews, and (very likely) from the books reviewed and from the letters published (Book Review Nov. 30) is likewise a"Symptom of Denial" regarding the probable violation of the United Nations Charter perpetrated by invading Iraq.
Howard N Meyer
comments powered by Disqus
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar