The First Thanksgiving and Guns
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R. Gregg - 11/25/2005
Sartell Prentice's article on "The First Thankgiving" ( http://www.fee.org/in_brief/default.asp?id=106&year=2005&month=11 ) is on FEE's website at this time. Sartell, an old friend of mine and author of a work on cathedrals ( http://www.forbesbookclub.com/BookPage.asp?prod_cd=IN6L0 ) was always quite proud of his essay. Sartell always argued with his brother, Perry Prentice ( http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/prentice-perry_taxes-and-the-death-of-cities.html ), who was publisher and editor of the Architectural Forum and VP of Time, Inc. Sartell was a hard-core free market anarchist and his brother a Georgist. He died years ago, and quite old when I knew him in the 1970's,
Just as an aside, you might be interested in this: "Pilgrims Mistook Natives for Israelites" ( http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050704/kennewick.html ) which is some recent research on Indian/Pilgrim relations.
Just a thought (and Happy Thanksgiving!).
- Nazis in America: Richard Spencer's Visit to Florida Targets Jewish and Hispanic Students, Professors Say
- Documents: U.S. Embassy Tracked Indonesia Mass Murder 1965
- Tufts Project Maps The Landmarks Of Black Boston
- Asp – or ash? Climate historians link Cleopatra's demise to volcanic eruption
- The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco Say These Two Scholars
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea
- Bill Moyers interviews James Whitman about his shocking book
- Cornelia Bailey, Champion of African-Rooted Culture in Coastal Georgia, Dies at 72
- Sexism in the history department at West Point alleged
- A Conversation About American Racism with Ibram X. Kendi