The First Thanksgiving and Guns
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R. Gregg - 11/25/2005
Sartell Prentice's article on "The First Thankgiving" ( http://www.fee.org/in_brief/default.asp?id=106&year=2005&month=11 ) is on FEE's website at this time. Sartell, an old friend of mine and author of a work on cathedrals ( http://www.forbesbookclub.com/BookPage.asp?prod_cd=IN6L0 ) was always quite proud of his essay. Sartell always argued with his brother, Perry Prentice ( http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/prentice-perry_taxes-and-the-death-of-cities.html ), who was publisher and editor of the Architectural Forum and VP of Time, Inc. Sartell was a hard-core free market anarchist and his brother a Georgist. He died years ago, and quite old when I knew him in the 1970's,
Just as an aside, you might be interested in this: "Pilgrims Mistook Natives for Israelites" ( http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050704/kennewick.html ) which is some recent research on Indian/Pilgrim relations.
Just a thought (and Happy Thanksgiving!).
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign