The First Thanksgiving and Guns
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R. Gregg - 11/25/2005
Sartell Prentice's article on "The First Thankgiving" ( http://www.fee.org/in_brief/default.asp?id=106&year=2005&month=11 ) is on FEE's website at this time. Sartell, an old friend of mine and author of a work on cathedrals ( http://www.forbesbookclub.com/BookPage.asp?prod_cd=IN6L0 ) was always quite proud of his essay. Sartell always argued with his brother, Perry Prentice ( http://www.cooperativeindividualism.org/prentice-perry_taxes-and-the-death-of-cities.html ), who was publisher and editor of the Architectural Forum and VP of Time, Inc. Sartell was a hard-core free market anarchist and his brother a Georgist. He died years ago, and quite old when I knew him in the 1970's,
Just as an aside, you might be interested in this: "Pilgrims Mistook Natives for Israelites" ( http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050704/kennewick.html ) which is some recent research on Indian/Pilgrim relations.
Just a thought (and Happy Thanksgiving!).
- Decades After Trinity Nuclear Test in New Mexico, U.S. Studies Cancer Fallout
- Lawrence Of Arabia's Hand-Drawn, WWI Map Is Up for Auction
- Thousands Of FBI Documents About Civil Rights Era Destroyed By Flooding
- Ancient Egyptian Woman with 70 Hair Extensions Discovered
- Europeans drawn from three ancient 'tribes'
- Conservatives press the case against the new AP framework for US history
- Who wrote the new AP US History framework? Now we know.
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead