PEW POLL ANTISEMITIC AND LEFTIST
Pew asked:"Do you think each of the following is a major reason, a minor reason, or not much of a reason why there is discontent with the U.S. around the world?
Guess what the first possible answer was? If you guessed U.S. support for Israel, you were right. Note that the second alternative was not American support for Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Egypt but"U.S. support for authoritarian governments in the Arab world." Also, while there were numerous questions about China, American support for Taiwan was not posited as a problem nor has American support for India or East Timor (which also irritates Islamists) mentioned. In other words, the idea of scapegoating Israel is firmly planted in the mind of the responder. Positing American support for only one state, the Jewish state, as damaging to the country, is a form of Antisemitism.
The other alternatives did not include such obvious culprits as the rise of Islamic Fundamentalism, Anti-Americanism, media bias, the push for democratization, American lone superpower status. Oh, yes, in the very end, the responder can check"America's wealth and power" as a possible culprit.
Instead, possible blame can be assigned to the US led war on terror, the Iraq war, Globalization, American materialism and American religiosity. Note the absence of the War in Afghanistan.
The results must have been extremely disappointing to the Pew poll designers to discover that of the public considers American wealth and power (60%) to be second only to the Iraq war (71%) as a major irritant. Only 39% of the public considers US support for Israel a problem. In this, as in much else, the elite begs to differ. 64% of them view American support for Israel as a major problem. And do you wish to know where MSM bias comes from? Here it is: 78% of the Journalists blame American support for Israel as the main reason the world"hates us."
Given the importance of polls, it is crucial to point out the bias of their designers as well as to highlight the results they do not necessarily wish highlighted.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)