PEW POLL ANTISEMITIC AND LEFTIST
Pew asked:"Do you think each of the following is a major reason, a minor reason, or not much of a reason why there is discontent with the U.S. around the world?
Guess what the first possible answer was? If you guessed U.S. support for Israel, you were right. Note that the second alternative was not American support for Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Egypt but"U.S. support for authoritarian governments in the Arab world." Also, while there were numerous questions about China, American support for Taiwan was not posited as a problem nor has American support for India or East Timor (which also irritates Islamists) mentioned. In other words, the idea of scapegoating Israel is firmly planted in the mind of the responder. Positing American support for only one state, the Jewish state, as damaging to the country, is a form of Antisemitism.
The other alternatives did not include such obvious culprits as the rise of Islamic Fundamentalism, Anti-Americanism, media bias, the push for democratization, American lone superpower status. Oh, yes, in the very end, the responder can check"America's wealth and power" as a possible culprit.
Instead, possible blame can be assigned to the US led war on terror, the Iraq war, Globalization, American materialism and American religiosity. Note the absence of the War in Afghanistan.
The results must have been extremely disappointing to the Pew poll designers to discover that of the public considers American wealth and power (60%) to be second only to the Iraq war (71%) as a major irritant. Only 39% of the public considers US support for Israel a problem. In this, as in much else, the elite begs to differ. 64% of them view American support for Israel as a major problem. And do you wish to know where MSM bias comes from? Here it is: 78% of the Journalists blame American support for Israel as the main reason the world"hates us."
Given the importance of polls, it is crucial to point out the bias of their designers as well as to highlight the results they do not necessarily wish highlighted.
comments powered by Disqus
- Hillary Clinton Isn’t First Politician to Face Criticism Over Speaking Fees
- Sneak peek of new Smithsonian shows rich black history
- Missouri woman builds slave cabin to bring community together
- German students dressed like Hitler made to visit Argentina Holocaust Museum
- Think Hillary Clinton Will Win in a Landslide? Don’t Bet on It
- Lonnie Bunch remembers his first day on the job as director of the new black history museum
- Speaker Ryan loves pseudo-historian David Barton
- LGBTQ History in Public Schools Is the Next Gay Rights Frontier says PhD student