FRENCH: "THIS IS NOT CHECHNYA"
More importantly, Having successfully muzzled the French media, Paris is seeking to muzzle the international press:
The official spokesman of the centre-right Government, Jean-Francois Cope, has called a special meeting today with all international correspondents working in France.
He wants to counteract the alarming global dissemination of the view that France is in flames -- and therefore a dangerous tourist destination.
I did not know that protecting the French tourist industry is the job of the international media. Well, live and learn. To be honest, I think MSM has been doing a terrific job downplaying and excusing the European intifada. Not a single Sunday show bothered to discuss the subject.
comments powered by Disqus
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)