PAKISTAN NEEDS HELP; WHERE ARE THE OIL PRODUCERS?
The winter is closing in on the earth quake victims. High oil prices mean full treasury coffers in oil producing countries. Musharaf appeal for aid. This is all I could find as far as donor list. Of course, the US will donate money but where are his rich Muslim friends?
Following the Sept. 11 attacks, the Saudis met U.S. demands by ending government support for Islamic charities linked to terrorism. But individuals in the kingdom continue to send cash to groups that support anti-American terrorists.
"We know wealthy Saudis are funding terror. With higher oil prices, they just have more money to do so," Bronson says.
How about using some of this found money to rebuild the devasted region of Pakistan instead of funneling it to rebuilding the terror infrastructure? And how about ending the BBC practice of demanding that such rebuilding be an exclusive Western responisibility?
Just an idea.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools