PAKISTAN NEEDS HELP; WHERE ARE THE OIL PRODUCERS?
The winter is closing in on the earth quake victims. High oil prices mean full treasury coffers in oil producing countries. Musharaf appeal for aid. This is all I could find as far as donor list. Of course, the US will donate money but where are his rich Muslim friends?
Following the Sept. 11 attacks, the Saudis met U.S. demands by ending government support for Islamic charities linked to terrorism. But individuals in the kingdom continue to send cash to groups that support anti-American terrorists.
"We know wealthy Saudis are funding terror. With higher oil prices, they just have more money to do so," Bronson says.
How about using some of this found money to rebuild the devasted region of Pakistan instead of funneling it to rebuilding the terror infrastructure? And how about ending the BBC practice of demanding that such rebuilding be an exclusive Western responisibility?
Just an idea.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rise of Donald Trump Tracks Growing Debate Over Global Fascism
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize