BILL GATES IN HAIFA
"Israel is a major player in the high tech world, which explains the considerable contribution of the country not only in the field of high tech startups but also through the R&D centers for companies like Microsoft, Intel and Motorola. We're super-satisfied with the contributions of our R&D center in Haifa," Gates said, referring to Microsoft Israel, which employs 400 people and focuses on marketing, sales and R&D."The quality of the people here is quite fantastic."
Yes, they are and long years of war and terror have failed to break their unique spirit.
Kenneth Levin agrees but worries:
Despite almost sixty years of being under siege Israel has created a free, vibrant, and creative society. The question is whether Israel can continue nurturing what it has built as means to true change in the Arab world or will Israeli's, in their search for a genuine peace, continue to grasp at delusions of peace that will threaten everything they have created?
I do not know the answer but I know that Jews in Israel remain Jews. They are the stubborn and stiffnecked who are doing what Jews have always done. They are refusing either to commit suicide or lose hope.
comments powered by Disqus
- Trump Angled for Soviet Posting In the 1980s
- Places That Are Actually Worth Visiting
- JFK’s last birthday: Gifts, champagne and wandering hands on the presidential yacht
- Bozeman schools prefer kids in class on MLK Day
- Universities across the country are facing up to their past association with slavery
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools