Joan Kennedy Taylor has Passed Away
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 10/30/2005
I only had one conversation with JKT (RIP) years ago (I believe it was about Suzanne LaFollette), but she impressed me, as have her writings over the years. I'm glad to hear that she died peacefully and quietly.
Am aware that she had cancer and kidney problems, and that can be quite painful.
William Marina - 10/30/2005
Sorry to hear about Joan. She was a truly great libertarian intellectual.
David T. Beito - 10/30/2005
This is terrible. I didn't even know she was sick. She gave a wonderful talk at UNLV back in the early 1990s. It was down time in my life and she provided great encouragement.
- Tales of African-American History Found in DNA
- History Celebrates New Show Roots With Project to Digitize Post-Slavery Documents
- In 1453, this Ottoman sultan ended Christian rule in Constantinople. But was he a good Muslim?
- Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation among documents sold for $6.2m in New York
- Family shines light on American POW killed by Hiroshima blast
- History Relevance Campaign meets at the Smithsonian
- Bernard Lewis Turns 100
- David Lowenthal, author of "The Past Is a Foreign Country,” says it’s folly to scratch the names of slaveholders off buildings
- Jean Edward Smith, biographer of FDR and Ike, has a new biography coming out … of George W. Bush
- Flora Fraser, biographer of George and Martha Washington, wins $50,000 George Washington Prize