Joan Kennedy Taylor has Passed Away
comments powered by Disqus
Kenneth R Gregg - 10/30/2005
I only had one conversation with JKT (RIP) years ago (I believe it was about Suzanne LaFollette), but she impressed me, as have her writings over the years. I'm glad to hear that she died peacefully and quietly.
Am aware that she had cancer and kidney problems, and that can be quite painful.
William Marina - 10/30/2005
Sorry to hear about Joan. She was a truly great libertarian intellectual.
David T. Beito - 10/30/2005
This is terrible. I didn't even know she was sick. She gave a wonderful talk at UNLV back in the early 1990s. It was down time in my life and she provided great encouragement.
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Richmond split over Confederate history
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Harvard’s Nancy Cott says the Chief Justice in the gay marriage case has a stilted idea of the history of marriage
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.