Worlds at Hand
Pranab Bardhan,"China, India Superpower? Not So Fast!" YaleGlobal, 25 October, argues that China and India are not near world super power status, for lots of reasons. Thanks to Matt Yglesias for the tip.
"Fear and Loathing in the Middle East," On the Face, 26 October. At Brian's Study Breaks, Brian Ulrich calls it"the best post I've read on the Arab-Israeli conflict all year" and I've learned to take Brian's recommendations on such things very seriously.
So, yes, the New York Times is reporting that I. Lewis"Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, is likely to be indicted today in the Valerie Plame affair and that Carl Rove, the President's chief political adviser, will remain under investigation. More cautiously, the Washington Post merely reports that the NYT said what it said. Hang onto your hat. It could be a lively day in Washington.
Finally, Brandeis's Nathanael Robinson at Rhine River and Michigan's Andrew Israel Ross at Air Pollution are in search of the 19th century Europeanist history bloggers and readers. If that sounds like you, stop by and say"hello" to them.
comments powered by Disqus
- JFK's diary reveals fascination with Hitler, compared to 'legend'
- Secret South Korean Nuclear Weapons Program Created Anxiety in Washington in Mid-1970s
- The President Is Under FBI Investigation. Is This Normal?
- President Trump Praised Both Andrew Jackson and Henry Clay
- Nativism, Violence, and the Origins of the Paranoid Style
- Douglas Brinkley says there’s a "smell of treason in the air"
- Mary Maples Dunn, Advocate of Women’s Colleges and President of Smith, Dies at 85
- Gil Troy says Jews and Israelis are the victims of a “Hate Swarm”
- Eric Foner interviews Matt Karp about his new book on slaveholders
- Are historians ignoring the history of originalism?