Worlds at Hand
Pranab Bardhan,"China, India Superpower? Not So Fast!" YaleGlobal, 25 October, argues that China and India are not near world super power status, for lots of reasons. Thanks to Matt Yglesias for the tip.
"Fear and Loathing in the Middle East," On the Face, 26 October. At Brian's Study Breaks, Brian Ulrich calls it"the best post I've read on the Arab-Israeli conflict all year" and I've learned to take Brian's recommendations on such things very seriously.
So, yes, the New York Times is reporting that I. Lewis"Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, is likely to be indicted today in the Valerie Plame affair and that Carl Rove, the President's chief political adviser, will remain under investigation. More cautiously, the Washington Post merely reports that the NYT said what it said. Hang onto your hat. It could be a lively day in Washington.
Finally, Brandeis's Nathanael Robinson at Rhine River and Michigan's Andrew Israel Ross at Air Pollution are in search of the 19th century Europeanist history bloggers and readers. If that sounds like you, stop by and say"hello" to them.
comments powered by Disqus
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- Rare Documents Show a Palm Reader's Take on Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt
- A Photo of Billy the Kid Bought for $10 at a Flea Market May Be Worth Millions
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction
- Gar Alperovitz is still pushing to make America more democratic
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”