Cindy Sheehan Blogging for LRC
I probably did a double take worthy of the great Spanky McFarland when I saw this.
Quite a coup there for LRC.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 10/27/2005
Thanks for the info. I agree that her participation provides a good answer to conservatives who claim that the antiwar movement is controlled completely by the left.
Stephen W Carson - 10/27/2005
Cindy Sheehan's contributions to LRC predate the national media attention she received at the Crawford Ranch. A glance at her LRC archives shows that her first article for LRC was in February of this year. You can see that her appearances were listed on the LRC Events Calendar starting in at least July. She will also be speaking at the upcoming LRC conference in San Mateo, California.
I hope that this is more than just a coup for LRC. The support for Cindy Sheehan and the strong stand of AntiWar.com, LRC, FFF, the Independent Institute and so many others will hopefully establish that libertarianism is serious in its opposition to imperialism and the mass murder we call "war". Libertarianism has moral high ground on this and will, hopefully, be seen as having the moral high ground by more and more folks.
- Now it’s the University of Louisville’s turn to remove a Confederate statue
- A fortress built by Alexander the Great after he conquered Jerusalem has been discovered
- Yale students protest decision to keep Calhoun’s name
- Six maps that will make you rethink the world
- Middle Tenn. State President Wants to Strip Confederate General’s Name From Building
- The historian and cartographer Bill Rankin has developed a new way to visualize slavery
- Paula S. Fass says young Americans need required national service
- Historians are now trying to show that the gay revolution also took place in the midwest
- The Unconference Movement Grows – And Historians Are Taking the Lead
- New appeal to "Bring Back Military History"