Cindy Sheehan Blogging for LRC
I probably did a double take worthy of the great Spanky McFarland when I saw this.
Quite a coup there for LRC.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 10/27/2005
Thanks for the info. I agree that her participation provides a good answer to conservatives who claim that the antiwar movement is controlled completely by the left.
Stephen W Carson - 10/27/2005
Cindy Sheehan's contributions to LRC predate the national media attention she received at the Crawford Ranch. A glance at her LRC archives shows that her first article for LRC was in February of this year. You can see that her appearances were listed on the LRC Events Calendar starting in at least July. She will also be speaking at the upcoming LRC conference in San Mateo, California.
I hope that this is more than just a coup for LRC. The support for Cindy Sheehan and the strong stand of AntiWar.com, LRC, FFF, the Independent Institute and so many others will hopefully establish that libertarianism is serious in its opposition to imperialism and the mass murder we call "war". Libertarianism has moral high ground on this and will, hopefully, be seen as having the moral high ground by more and more folks.
- Now it can be told: The weakening of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 is the crowning achievement of GOP partisans who detested the law
- Japanese textbooks may sanitize history, but comic art books don't
- Novels About Real-Life Women Are Saving Forgotten History
- Rubio becomes the first Republican presidential candidate in 2016 to admit US must confront “painful” history of racial discrimination
- CNN documentary focuses on “Nixon’s Own 9/11"
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel
- Academic Seeks Death Certificate for Outlaw Billy the Kid
- Murderer of historian of Czech Jewry goes on trial
- Election results are in for the American Historical Association
- Nial Ferguson warns Obama’s bet on Iran has low odds of success