Cindy Sheehan Blogging for LRC
I probably did a double take worthy of the great Spanky McFarland when I saw this.
Quite a coup there for LRC.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 10/27/2005
Thanks for the info. I agree that her participation provides a good answer to conservatives who claim that the antiwar movement is controlled completely by the left.
Stephen W Carson - 10/27/2005
Cindy Sheehan's contributions to LRC predate the national media attention she received at the Crawford Ranch. A glance at her LRC archives shows that her first article for LRC was in February of this year. You can see that her appearances were listed on the LRC Events Calendar starting in at least July. She will also be speaking at the upcoming LRC conference in San Mateo, California.
I hope that this is more than just a coup for LRC. The support for Cindy Sheehan and the strong stand of AntiWar.com, LRC, FFF, the Independent Institute and so many others will hopefully establish that libertarianism is serious in its opposition to imperialism and the mass murder we call "war". Libertarianism has moral high ground on this and will, hopefully, be seen as having the moral high ground by more and more folks.
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar