Cindy Sheehan Blogging for LRC
I probably did a double take worthy of the great Spanky McFarland when I saw this.
Quite a coup there for LRC.
comments powered by Disqus
David T. Beito - 10/27/2005
Thanks for the info. I agree that her participation provides a good answer to conservatives who claim that the antiwar movement is controlled completely by the left.
Stephen W Carson - 10/27/2005
Cindy Sheehan's contributions to LRC predate the national media attention she received at the Crawford Ranch. A glance at her LRC archives shows that her first article for LRC was in February of this year. You can see that her appearances were listed on the LRC Events Calendar starting in at least July. She will also be speaking at the upcoming LRC conference in San Mateo, California.
I hope that this is more than just a coup for LRC. The support for Cindy Sheehan and the strong stand of AntiWar.com, LRC, FFF, the Independent Institute and so many others will hopefully establish that libertarianism is serious in its opposition to imperialism and the mass murder we call "war". Libertarianism has moral high ground on this and will, hopefully, be seen as having the moral high ground by more and more folks.
- Most Millennials Resist the ‘Millennial’ Label
- Isis profits from destruction of antiquities by selling relics to dealers – and then blowing up the buildings they come from to conceal the evidence of looting
- China military parade commemorates WW2 victory over Japan
- New documentary explores the legacy of the 5,000 Rosenwald schools set up by a Sears magnate and Booker T. Washington
- Rare silent Native American movie of 1920s attracting a lot of interest
- Historian Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham wins National Humanities Medal
- AHA President Vicki L. Ruiz named National Humanities Medalist
- Historians of Color Are Revolutionizing the Narrative of ‘American Exceptionalism’
- Henry VIII voted worst monarch in history
- The Fuhrer style: Historian says press coverage of Hitler’s lavish life fueled his rise to power